17 August 2017

Alice's Illustrations

Front

Envelope sent to John (UK). This year I did not wait until the year finishes to reuse some pages of the calendar!

Back


Front & postcard

I thought that the Queen of Hearts was a good choice for Koningsdag... But I am afraid that this letter never reached Heleen's mailbox :(

Back

Happily, these postcard sent by Bryon (the USA), did arrive safe and sound!

"I'm a poor man, your Majesty,"
the Hatter began, in trembling voice...

Just then she heard something splashing about in the pool a
little way off, and she swam nearer to make out what it was...

And also did this (big!) postcard sent by John (the UK), about the lest known adventures of Alice. (He had previously sent its twin.)

2 comments:

  1. Indeed your mail to me did not arrive so far... Maybe the angry gaze of this queen did horrify some postal workers? Or maybe she got jailed for someone thinking she is dangerous?...

    I love the chess board on John's postcard. I didn't know a chess game shows up in Alice's story, I thought playing cards only (but has been decades ago that I read Alice un Wonderland, maybe I should re-read it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is lost forever, sadly.

      I know better the first bok of Alice, but I remember that the chess play a big role in the second one. The author was a mathematician, after all!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.